Donate Needed Items and Services
Caring for over 300 animals requires a lot of food and supplies, and we rely on the generosity of people like you to keep us stocked. You can make a difference. Make the Humane Society part of your weekly routine. Consider our wish list when you are cleaning out a pantry or closet. Or, add a few extra items to your shopping list. Following is a list of the supplies we need for our day-to-day operations.
- Packages of Dog Treats (Pupperoni or Milkbone)
- Cat Toys
- Dog Toys (Kong and/or Nylabone brand non-edible toys)
- Dog /Cat Brushes
- Dog/Cat Beds
- Kitten/Puppy bottles
- Dog/Cat Kennels
- Dog/Cat Food (Dry and Wet)
Discarded household items
- Empty cereal boxes
- Empty egg cartons
- Empty plastic jugs: laundry detergent, soda, etc.
- Paper towel/toilet paper tubes
- 'Plastic containers: yogurt, butter, etc.
- Food toys: BusterCube, Tug-A-Jug, Busy Buddies, etc.
- Squeaker toys
- Chew toys, non-edible Nylabones, rolled rawhides
- Heavy balls, Boomer Balls, soccer balls, basketballs
- Odors: Herbs such as lavender, spices
- Treats: Hot dogs, string cheese, etc.
- Metal water buckets (approx. 10" tall)
- Kiddie pools
- Long pieces 1.5" PVC with several end caps (to make dog puzzle toys)
*Note: The Humane Society of Memphis and Shelby County uses Fromm Classic brand dry dog food and Felidae cat food, which can be purchased at Hollywood Feed.
Packages of Copy Paper
Packages of Laminating Sheets
Clear Display Stands
Packages of Zip Ties
Packages of Paper Towels
Bottles of Windex
Packages of Toilet Paper
Bottles of Dishwashing Liquid
Boxes of Tall Kitchen Trash Bags
Thin dry erase markers
Boxes of 45-55 Gallon Trash Bags
Bottles of Hand Sanitizer
Packages of Latex Gloves (large)
Donated items should be brought to the Humane Society
Tuesday - Friday, 10 am - 6 pm, Saturday 10 am - 5 pm, or
Sunday 1pm - 5 pm. The Humane Society is closed on Mondays.